I feel like I've lost my first love! Cream of Nature has changed their shampoo formula! You have to understand, I've used Cream of Nature products since I was a little girl (I'm damn near 30 years old now). Back before I knew anything about hair products and ingredients, I knew that Cream of Nature was always able to take the tangles out of my 'fro. Fast forward to teenage years and adulthood, I still relied of Cream of Nature--whether my hair was relaxed, fried dyed and laid to the side, or sewn up under a curly weave, Cream of Nature always did the trick.
As I became more interested in hair care and beauty products, I learned on the beauty blogs what my hair had known all along--Cream of Nature Shampoo worked great on kinky/curly hair. The product's uncanny ability to take out the tangles is due to the fact that it's sulfate-free. Sodium Lauryl Sulfate or any other shampoo ingredient ending in "sulfate"strips hair of it's natural oils. Anyways, the new Cream of Nature Shampoo formula contains sodium lauryl sulfate :-( I feel like they've broken my heart. Never mind the marketing and the slick orange bottles, the new stuff, is well, no good.
The new stuff is also not that new, as they changed the formula almost a year ago. However, I had a 64 oz bottle of the old stuff, which enabled me to turn a blind eye to the new stuff, and live in ignorance. Now that my bottle is gone, I'm on a quest for a replacement shampoo. I'm sure I can find some sulfate free shampoos at Whole Foods or Trader Joe's, but the beauty of the old Cream of Nature was that it was cheap! I really don't want to pay $25 for an 8 oz bottle of the latest leaves and berries organic shampoo. I'll let you guys know what I find.
Seriously, I cannot believe I've dedicated such a long post to this topic, but like a woman scorned, I"m going on and on about my "broken heart." Ciao!
Monday, December 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
NOOOOOOOOO is this true? SAY IT AIN'T SO! WE SHOULD PROTEST! I RELY ON THAT STUFF!
I never used their shampoo but I've used their conditioners. I've been using SLS free shampoos for some years and it really does make a difference. SLS makes the product foam which isn't necessary for clean hair. For shampoo I use mostly natural / organic shampoos, I don't find them to be more expensive just better for my hair. Try Carol's Daughter or hair products more suitable for your hair type.
Post a Comment