Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Baby By Me?!

So please tell me that I'm not the only one who is bothered by 50 cent's new single, "Baby By Me."   The song starts off with a sample of the rapper's voice from "I Get Money": "Have a baby by me/ Be a millionaire."  Now, I could go on a long rant about how rap music isn't what it once was, but you've all heard that line before.  Bottom line, the song is socially irresponsible.  The last message that young girls need is that the way to making millions is to have a baby by a celebrity!  I can't say that I'm surprised by 50's foolishness, but I expected better from Ne-Yo, who is featured on the song.  The hook should be: "Have a baby by me/ Risk getting an STD."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lol...love it! Well not the baby by me part, but the commentary. Keep it coming. I'm truly enjoying your blog.

Unknown said...

is 50 still making music? what does it mean that i've never even heard this song?