Monday, December 28, 2009
If a Tree Falls in the Forest...(aka If You Write a Blog and Nobody Reads It)
So clearly I'm not exactly consistent with my blogging. Cut me some slack. I'm working on a Ph.D., all while trying to be a better daughter, sister, friend, and person. I am contemplating terminating the blog after a paltry seven posts. I like my blog, and I feel like I have interesting things to say, but perhaps they are just interesting to me. We'll see if a) I continue the blog and b) if I find a more specific niche for the blog, rather than trying to cover food, fashion and politics--all in one blog (especially since I"m yet to write a post about food). Ciao for now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I write a blog that virtually no one reads. There is a disingenuous way of getting it out there which is to follow other people. My guess is that some people follow because they are interested in what others have to say. Some, however, probably follow so that they in turn will be followed. There are many "mute, inglorious Miltons" who simply need to be heard to gain a little glory.
I see you like Brief Wondrous Life--I just read it--stunning performance.
Good luck
Ralph
lol. if you want folks to read it i think you're going to have to stop trying to keep it on the dl and put this on your facebook page or in your email tag or something. put it on the department listserv! lol
Lol. Ralph and Shayla, thanks for the tips. I just worry about being on the job market. What if someone comes across this blog, and thinks I'm some sort of black radical? Everyone with whom I friends with on facebook isn't exactly a "friend."
lol. you gotta choose! do you want a well-read blog or do you want to protect your image? can't have both kid.
you should make it so i can get updates from your blog when someone responds to my response, like facebook. then i'll be more likely to check back.
Post a Comment