Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Jean Paul Gaultier for Target: Ooo La La

OMG(osh)!  So Sunday, March 7th marked the release of Jean Paul Gaultier's line for Target.  I love his Classique perfume, and his fashion line might be my new favorite thing. Gaultier is the third designer in a series of Designer Collaborations for Target, featuring established designers (previous designers were Alexander McQueen and Anna Sui).  According to Gaultier, "My collection with Target pays homage to the wide range of personalities that make up the diverse styles of American women... From ingénue to rock 'n' roll, this collection celebrates women of all ages and a host of distinctive, iconic American styles."  The items range from $17.99 (for swim separates) to $199.99 (for a leather motorcycle jacket that is cute, but overpriced).  Depending on the item, the sizes range from 0-18.  Act fast, because the collection will only be available through April 14, 2010.

3 comments:

JJLovelystylez said...

This collection falls flat in my opinion. He really shouldn't have!

The Substantive Stylista said...

Really? I tried on the yellow Marilyn Monroe inspired dress. It didn't look good on me, but I still think the collection is cute.

JJLovelystylez said...

The styles were cute but the fabric and materials aren't so great. The yellow dress was pretty but it felt like a cheap table cloth. I guess I'll give some credit for the swimwear collection though.