So I was traveling last week, and got distracted. I meant to write a post about all of the bad news for black women in the media. Then I debated whether I should even write about it since it's so daggone depressing.
In recent weeks, I feel like I've been bombarded by news stories indicating that because I am a black woman, I'm likely to be single, have a net value of $5, and have herpes! Since I'm in grad school, the first two actually might be true, but for the record I DO NOT have herpes. Lol!
But seriously, is there any good news out there about black women?! Admittedly my friends are a rare breed, but in my friend circle, I seriously don't see the depressing statistics that the news stories report (I guess I wouldn't necessarily be privy to the fact that someone has herpes, but I digress). In any case, if ya'll have any good news about black women, send it my way. As a matter of fact, I'm going to make it a point to post some positive stories about sistas in the coming weeks. Ciao!
p.s. This might not be the best pic of a black woman, but I'm trying to avoid copyright issues. This was a free stock photo available on the net ;-)
Thursday, March 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment